Thursday, May 11, 2006

Celtic Festival 2006

Last weekend the Connors Clan headed over to Chatham, NY for the 2006 Festival of Celts. I have to admit that I have been pretty interested in Celtic culture ever since I started reading the Outlander Series this winter. (I am on book three now) This was my kind of fair. We had SO much fun. There is something so intriguing about re-enacters/time travel via recreation. I just love it.

We saw knights


Medieval Clansman


The Redcoats (Blah!)


Traditional Pipers (not sure of the clan)


And Jorn successfully fought off the Invisible Knight


But this guy captivated us the entire time



We just couldn't get enough (pictures) of him. It was like he was a time traveler. It was a beautiful day and a great time was had by all. Next year maybe we'll actually try the Haggis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home